Published On: 04/10/2024
Are Job Fairs Still Worth It for Employers in 2024? 

Job Fairs can be an excellent opportunity for job seekers and employers to reach their professional or business goals. According to, “A study by Linkedin found that 60% of job applicants look for new jobs online—that leaves another 40% of the workforce looking for opportunities elsewhere, mostly at in-person networking events like job fairs. Even though job fairs can be a large investment upfront for business owners just starting out, they’re a great way to connect with potential candidates and put your company in front of lots of eager talent searching for work.” Keep reading to hear about the recent Job Fair attended by the CuyEast Chamber of Commerce.

The City of Beachwood, the City of Warrensville Heights, Ohio Means Jobs, and Cuyahoga County sponsored the 2024 Job Fair in partnership with the Beachwood Chamber of Commerce and Cuyahoga East Chamber of Commerce on April 3rd at the Cuyahoga Community College – Eastern Campus. Over 200 people registered to attend. Economic Development Director of the City of Beachwood, Catherine Bieterman, says, “This job fair provides a platform for employers to connect with qualified job seekers and students seeking job opportunities in one location. It’s a great way for our employers to convey details related to their open positions and even conduct interviews on the spot.”

Pictured above is Mackenzie Millward-Parks, Service and Parts Director, and Joe Harrison, Lead Tech at Lake Erie Golf Cars.

The Job Fair was an excellent opportunity for the CuyEast Chamber of Commerce to support its members on their journey to business growth opportunities. When asked why members choose to participate in Job Fairs like this, W.F. Hann & Sons says, “We love meeting people in the community, especially being with the CuyEast Chamber of Commerce.” Another one of our members who participated in this Job Fair, Mackenzie Millward-Parks, Service and Parts Director at Lake Erie Golf Cars, says, “This Job Fair allows us to get in touch with community members that we don’t always get to meet.”

During this event, we also asked what characteristics members hope to see in job fair attendees interested in working for their companies during this event. Tom Rudar, talent manager at Heinen’s, says, “They have to be service-oriented, enjoy working with other people, and be flexible with the hours they’re willing to work.”

Special thanks to Warrensville Heights Business Leadership Council Member Nicole Harris and Raymon Turner, the City of Warrensville Heights Community Development Manager, for their hard work in planning this event!

In 2024, job fairs will continue to offer a unique and valuable platform for direct engagement, recruitment efficiency, and opportunities for learning and networking for employers and job seekers.

Click here to learn more information from Click here to learn more about the Warrensville Heights Chamber Chapter.

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

Don't Miss Another Post! Subscribe Today!

Other CuyEast News

If you enjoyed reading this, then please explore our other articles below:

Go to Top