Benefits and Best Practices for Hosting Today’s In-Person Events
While virtual events have become increasingly popular, in-person events offer unique benefits that cannot be replicated online. By hosting events in person, businesses can create a memorable and impactful experience for their customers, employees, and partners.
How Your Business Benefits from In-Person Events
Hosting in-person events can help your business grow by creating opportunities for brand awareness, lead generation, networking, customer engagement, market research, and sales. Here are some insights from BusinessMole:
- Increased Brand Awareness: In-person events can help increase your brand’s visibility and awareness among potential customers. It can provide a platform for you to showcase your products or services, and engage with a wider audience.
- Lead Generation: In-person events offer an opportunity to generate leads by collecting contact information from attendees interested in your product or service. This can help you build your customer database and potentially convert leads into paying customers.
- Networking: Hosting in-person events can create a platform for you to network with other businesses, industry professionals, and potential partners. This can help you build relationships and partnerships that can lead to future business growth opportunities.
- Customer Engagement: In-person events provide an opportunity for your customers to engage with your brand, products, and employees. It can create a memorable experience for them and help build brand loyalty.
- Market Research: Hosting in-person events can help you gather feedback from your customers, industry professionals, and potential customers. This can help you identify market trends, understand customer preferences, and improve your product or service offerings.
How Can Your Customer Benefits from In-Person Events
An in-person event can offer your customers a chance to gain access to personalized experiences, learning opportunities, networking, and exclusive deals. It can also help foster a sense of community and belonging around a brand, which can lead to increased brand loyalty and advocacy. Here are some benefits listed by Shopify:
- Product Demonstrations: In-person events provide an opportunity for customers to see and try products or services first-hand. This can help them make informed purchase decisions and understand how the product or service can meet their needs.
- Personalized Experience: In-person events provide a personalized experience for customers. They can interact with the brand, ask questions, and get a better understanding of the business and its offerings.
- Learning and Education: In-person events often include educational sessions, workshops, and demonstrations that can help customers learn and develop new skills. This can provide value beyond the product or service being offered.
- Exclusive Deals and Discounts: In-person events may offer exclusive deals and discounts to attendees, providing a tangible benefit for customers who attend.
What You Should Avoid with In-Person Events
If you’re ready to host an event, make sure you avoid these common mistakes:
- Poor Planning: One of the biggest mistakes that businesses can make when hosting an in-person event is poor planning. This can include inadequate preparation, not having a clear objective for the event, or not allowing enough time for logistics.
- Lack of Communication: It’s important to keep attendees informed about the event, including logistics, schedule, and any changes that may arise. Lack of communication can lead to confusion, frustration, and a negative experience for attendees.
- Overwhelming Content: Be mindful of the amount of content presented during the event. Too much information can be overwhelming for attendees and may not be retained effectively. It’s important to strike a balance between providing valuable content and not overwhelming attendees.
- Poor Venue Choice: Choosing the wrong venue can impact the success of an event. Consider factors such as accessibility, capacity, and amenities when selecting a venue.
- Inadequate Technology: In today’s digital age, technology is an important component of events. Make sure that the technology being used, such as audio-visual equipment and Wi-Fi, is reliable and can handle the needs of the event.
Find more in-person best practices through Cvent.
CuyEast.org is a great place to publish information about your upcoming event. Share the details with us and we’ll promote it on our website, in our weekly newsletters, and through social media. Get started here.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Other CuyEast News
If you enjoyed reading this, then please explore our other articles below:
Welcome to the New Cuyaghoga East Chamber of Commerce
We’re launching in 2022 as a next-generation, future-ready Chamber of Commerce. CuyEast members get more with a growing list of [...]
Subscribe and Stay Up-to-Date on Everything CuyEast Chamber
Whether you’re already a member or still considering, subscribe to CuyEast Chamber newsletters and watch us grow as a [...]
We’re Looking for Exceptional Volunteers!
Growth is CuyEast Chamber’s word for 2022, and we're seeking volunteers who are willing to dedicate their time and talent [...]
Giving a business presentation works. Here’s why.
Businesses give presentations for a number of reasons, from promoting sales to training programs and workshops. A business can [...]